Support Us… Learning and Public Engagement
At the heart of Wandsworth Museum’s mission is our need to inspire and engage future generations by helping them to understand the story of the Borough and to care about it. The museum’s vision for the future is to be an exciting, successful and sustainable local museum with education as the focus for its activity. With its magnificent collection of paintings and over 10,000 objects, the Museum is a powerful learning resource for people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Museum receives no public subsidy or grants and depends upon charitable funding and the support of a number of local individuals and organisations in order to continue its Learning and Public Engagement programmes.
Your support makes a difference:
- A donation of £3 covers the costs of delivering our workshop programme for a single young person or adult.
- A donation of £25 provides us with the materials and tools to run a workshop.
- A donation of £45 creates the opportunity for a group of up to 15 children to take part in a morning or afternoon workshop session.
If you are considering a larger gift:
- A donation of £1,000 allows us to buy the specialist preservation materials to conserve at least 15 paper-based art objects in the Collections.
- A donation of £5,000 – £10,000 enables us to bring one new temporary exhibition of major significance into the Museum each year. Our most recent was the V&A’s Modern Masters In Print exhibition featuring the works of Pablo Picasso, Henri Mattise, Andy Warhol and Salvador Dali.
- A donation of £9,000 would create up to 3,000 workshop places for children and young people to attend who might not otherwise be able to attend due to social or economic circumstances.
- A donation of £29,795 would fund a whole academic year’s Learning and Public Engagement activity programme, providing access and outreach of the Museum’s resources for over 170 Primary and Secondary schools and up to 5,000 children and young people, as well as up to 1,000 adult learners as part of our work.